Posts tagged ‘associations’
I am a little perplexed these days by some things that I see in the media and online, wondering how much of what I am hearing and seeing is factual and how much is total spin – from both parties.
As much as the liberal crew would like to believe it is only the right who “spins” things – they have bought into the so-called lie from their own campaign, just as much as they think I have. The problem is there is some truth hidden in there, that keeps getting skirted over. Somehow there is just blindness or a willingness to explain away some truths that just don’t fit the purpose.
I will be among the first to say that the Republican candidates are not my very first choice. But they are solid individuals. When I say individuals that means they are free-thinking humans. They are not clones of any previous administration. If we are so hot on comparing voting records why is it only McCain’s that anyone cares about, not Obama’s record (or lack there of). Add to that any time Obama’s record is question and the whole Republican party is questioned and belittled – we must just be trying to distract or are just grasping at straws. Right.
There are so many legitimate things that are not even mentioned of anywhere. I am tired of incessent badgering and harassment of McCain. He is not George Bush. But I get that strategy that Obama’s campaign has set as its major goal.
But what I don’t get, what I really don’t understand is how you can explain away things that are apparent to a large majority of the country – a larger percentage than you might think – not just the “fanatic” Republicans. I am a pretty non-fanatic, balanced person.
How can you really think that the economic plan, the giving of tax credits, not tax breaks – is anything other than redistributing wealth? I just don’t get the logic?
This audio clip has been sweeping around this week, it bears a listen.
And another thing about the tax plan.
I looked at the tax calculator on Obama’s website to see what my “savings” would be under a McCain administration vs Obama. Got to tell you it was interesting. For my particular situation, there was an irrelevant savings of around $200. Not that exciting. But it gets even more interesting. I changed the scenario to be income of $50,000-75,000; married filing jointly; with 3 children. My tax savings under Obama would be a whopping $33. Wow. I don’t even think that is worth it for that group.
My next question is why is their tax savings so low? Shouldn’t they be the working middle class? Getting a bigger tax “savings”?
And a chart I posted a few days ago showing some of the new proposed taxes showed that individuals making more than $2.87 million would have their taxes increased by over $700,00 by Obama. That is a massive increase.
Since when does anyone have the right to tell you how much money that you have earned that you get to keep.
Associations. Folks he has some interesting ones. And it is terribly obvious to a good many people that he has not been totally truthful in his explanation about any of them. Why not just come clean when asked? Videos, audio, documents, pictures, etc. all keep coming to light to illustrate this. They are worth looking at, because they are real. They are not fake things made up by some Republican operative to try and thwart the campaign. This all goes back to the lack of proper vetting of Obama.
Here is the most recent example of this:
In April L.A. Times article…the Obamas attended a “lavish farewell dinner” in Chicago for Khalidi and his wife as they headed to Columbia University in 2003:
A special tribute came from Khalidi’s friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Sen. Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi’s wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking.
Yet now the Times which has the video from this toast is refusing to release it, Why? Why, if there is nothing to hide would you not just release a video clip of the man who is headed to be the next President?
Well, it would seem that the Weather Underground men, Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn attended this dinner.
According to the Times Obama is on tape saying,
…that he hoped his relationship with Khalidi would continue even after the professor left Chicago. “It’s for that reason that I’m hoping that, for many years to come, we continue that conversation — a conversation that is necessary not just around Mona and Rashid’s dinner table … [but around] this entire world.”
And I still want to know why there have not been answers on these things,
Columbia Thesis paper – not available, locked down by faculty.
Harvard College records – not released, locked down by faculty.
Selective Service Registration – not released.
Medical records – not released (only a one-page report).
Illinois State Senate schedule – ‘not available.’
Law practice client list – not released.
Certified Copy of original Birth certificate – not released.
Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth – not released.
Harvard Law Review articles published – None.
University of Chicago scholarly articles – None.
Record of Baptism– Not released or ‘not available.’
Illinois State Senate records–‘not available.’
While it does seem that Obama is leading in the polls and has an advantage over McCain, the election is not over. It is only Obama’s to lose. I do not in any way think this is going to be a landslide, rather I think this will go down as one of the closest elections ever. This will be another one that will test the popular vs electoral vote. What I am curious about here is the fact that the electorate can choose to vote against the people in their state. So they could just choose to ignore the will of the people they represent and vote for who they want, rendering the citizens vote totally useless. Not that this will happen but I think in this election we are at point that it could happen.
I am concerned about the possibility of a Washington superpower. A trifecta. There would be no balance in power when the interests of only one party are being served. The last time that happened, the party was swiftly back out of power. A quick snippet from an article:
Liberals would dominate the entire government in a way they haven’t since 1965, or 1933. In other words, the election would mark the restoration of the activist government that fell out of public favor in the 1970s. If the U.S. really is entering a period of unchecked left-wing ascendancy, Americans at least ought to understand what they will be getting, especially with the media cheering it all on . . .The threat of 41 committed Senators can cause the House to modify its desires even before legislation comes to a vote. Without that restraining power, all of the following have very good chances of becoming law in 2009 or 2010.
as well as these: affecting the business climate, union supremecy, taxes, green revolution, free-speech, voting rights & special interest potpourri – one group being in total control is not a good thing
if all of this comes to pass we will have a lot to keep an eye on over the next four years, at which point I do believe that there will be another radical shift of power. To who? I am not sure but I am almost positive Obama will lose power and control will totally shift to a more conservative party.
Until then, I will continue to look at information, weigh out the facts, and make my own educated decisions. I only ask that you do the same. Don’t be swayed by party lines and talking points. Use your own brain.
Just gonna start a running list of what his real associations with these guys is, cause I am not sure he remembers or not 🙂 I am not suggesting Obama is a Muslim, a terrorist, etc. Nor am I in any way racist, this has nothing to do with race. I just think that to a certain point you are who you hang out with. Especially when these things are public knowledge, its not like he did not know. If McCain had near these types of associations he would have been hung out to dry already.
- “William Ayers is just a guy who lives in my neighborhood.”
- I talked to him now and then, but I had no idea what he had done until later. I will now repeat the phrase ‘detestable acts’ 27 times.”
- “Yes, like I said, he launched my political career in his own living room and I knew about the bombings and stuff all along, but I thought he had been rehabilitated. I learned about it some time after we met, which we have yet to do.”
- “Sure, we served on some boards together and spent tens of millions of dollars on an ‘education foundation’ that would frighten any reasonable person who learned anything about it, which they won’t because the press isn’t interested and I have no knowledge of it. As I have maintained all along, and I’m surprised you’re misremembering this, I’ve acknowledged that Ayers and I were colleagues. But I never knew about those despicable acts he acted upon despicably, which I condemned then and still do.”
- “Did you know I was never actually a member of the Weather Underground? I resent that you’re accusing me of something you’re not accusing me of. That bad stuff happened 40 years ago, which means it couldn’t possibly have repercussions now. Despicable acts are detestable and vice versa.”
- “The fact that I wrote a newspaper blurb (accompanied by my picture) for one of Ayers’ books, a book in which I was mentioned by name, has been known all along. I am filing a lawsuit against the GOP for spreading this disgraceful lie. You are getting very sleepy.”
- “Did Bill Ayers and I work in the same office for three years? Of course we did. I’ve never denied that. And yes, it was a very small office, which [grins] was not illegal the last time I checked. But his desk was facing in a completely different direction than mine, and I wasn’t even born yet when that building was constructed. Also, there are lots of buildings in Chicago. Look, this is boring. Can I be president now?”
- There is also this posted; I live in Obama’s neighborhood and know some of the Obama / Ayers crowd. Ayers and Dohrn have babysat the Obama kids personally. The families are personal friends, not just professional acquaintances.
- was the executive director of the voter registration arm of the Chicago branch of the Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now (ACORN), which is currently being accused of perpetrating one of the largest and most far-reaching enterprises of voter fraud in US history. Investigators believe there could be hundreds of thousands of registration irregularities. This is significant when you consider that the difference between George W. Bush’s win and Al Gore’s loss in 2000 depended on a mere 400,000 votes.
- It’s also no secret that ACORN’s political action committee has endorsed Obama for president. Its secret appears to be that the supposedly “non-partisan” group was attempting to steal the election for Obama.
- Before he went to law school, Obama was a community organizer directly under the supervision of ACORN
- From 1992 to 2004, Obama worked with or was affiliated in some way with ACORN leaders. At various times he was the executive director of the voter registration program, a leadership trainer and an attorney. He successfully represented the organization in a motor-voter case and in exchange, the group lead efforts to get him elected to the state Senate in 1996. In each of his subsequent bids for various offices, ACORN was involved.
- This was posted in May, “What if Barack Obama’s most important radical connection has been hiding in plain sight all along? Obama has had an intimate and long-term association with the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (Acorn), the largest radical group in America. If I told you Obama had close ties with MoveOn.org or Code Pink, you’d know what I was talking about. Acorn is at least as radical as these better-known groups, arguably more so. Yet because Acorn works locally, in carefully selected urban areas, its national profile is lower. Acorn likes it that way. And so, I’d wager, does Barack Obama.”
- “According to a professor at the University of Chicago who said he has known Obama for 12 years, the Democratic presidential hopeful befriended Khalidi when the two worked together at the university. The professor spoke on condition of anonymity. Khalidi lectured at the University of Chicago until 2003 while Obama taught law there from 1993 until his election to the Senate in 2004. Sources at the University told WND that Khalidi and Obama lived in nearby faculty residential zones and that the two families dined together a number of times. The sources said the Obama’s [sic] even babysat the Khalidi children. Khalidi in 2000 held what was described as a successful fundraiser for Obama’s failed bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, a fact not denied by Khalidi, who spoke to WND in February.”
- Obama ‘s speech was filled with glowing praise for his friend, including references to the many meals they had shared. He thanked Khalidi for opening his eyes about the problems of the Palestinians.
In case you don’t know who this guy is:
During documented speeches and public events, Khalidi has called Israel an “apartheid system in creation” and a destructive “racist” state.
He has multiple times expressed support for Palestinian terror, calling suicide bombings response to “Israeli aggression.” He dedicated his 1986 book, “Under Siege,” to “those who gave their lives … in defense of the cause of Palestine and independence of Lebanon.” Critics assailed the book as excusing Palestinian terrorism.
- African Village
In the winter of 1996, the Coalition for Improved Education in [Chicago’s] South Shore (CIESS) announced that it had received a $200,000 grant from the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. That made CIESS an “external partner,” i.e. a community organization linked to a network of schools within the Chicago public system. This network, named the “South Shore African Village Collaborative” was thoroughly “Afrocentric” in orientation. CIESS’s job was to use a combination of teacher-training, curriculum advice, and community involvement to improve academic performance in the schools it worked with. CIESS would continue to receive large Annenberg grants throughout the 1990s.
The South Shore African Village Collaborative (SSAVC) was very much a part of the Afrocentric “rites of passage movement,” a fringe education crusade of the 1990s. SSAVC schools featured “African-Centered” curricula built around “rites of passage” ceremonies inspired by the puberty rites found in many African societies. In and of themselves, these ceremonies were harmless. Yet the philosophy that accompanied them was not. On the contrary, it was a carbon-copy of Jeremiah Wright’s worldview.
- some classy quotes by Wright – personally I think the bigger coverup here is really how often the Obama’s attended church.
“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”
“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)
“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)
“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)
“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)
“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”
“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)
“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”
- Louis Farrakhan’s endorsement of Barack Obama has been virtually ignored by the mainstream media. Speaking to a convention of the Nation of Islam, Farrakhan not only declared his support for Obama, but also told his followers that Obama was the “Messiah
Farrakhan has called whites “blue-eyed devils” and the Antichrist. He has described Jews as “bloodsuckers” who control the government, the media, and some black organizations.
Another questionable association: